Finance professionals, executives, physicians, health care providers, and business owners face grueling challenges in today's work environment. Deadlines are constant, timelines unrealistic, margin for error low, increased responsibility, while dealing with the impact of COVID-19. Work-life balance is lacking. Often, the appearance of a successful career is intricately entangled with stress, anxiety, depression, and/or despair. It is not surprising that many professionals are experiencing, burnout, relationship strain, alcohol and substance abuse as well as self-sabotaging behavior. This is an unprecedented time for the stressors faced by high-level professionals, executives or physicians.
As a result of these dramatically increased stressors, you may develop physical and emotional symptoms, including:
- Rapid heartbeat, palpitations, hypertension, lightheadedness
- Spinning thoughts
- Feeling overwhelmed
- Anxiety or panic attacks
- Shortness of breath
- Headaches, muscle spasms, backaches, or other aches
- Irritability or easily frustrated
- Diarrhea, nausea, or GERD
- Substance abuse
- Avoidance of responsibility and/or relationships
It is the double-edged gift of the gifted that you are more complex, more cognizant, more introspective. Sometimes you may feel overwhelmed by the influx of thoughts, concerns and potential ramifications. If that's the case, psychiatric evaluation and treatment may help you enjoy a more solid sense of wellbeing and satisfaction, both on and off the job. I recognize the irony of attaining personal and professional achievement and feeling that it's not enough or worrying that it will all disappear. Executives suffering from mental health conditions, including anxiety depression, insomnia, OCD, hypomania, bipolar disease, addiction, PTSD, neurological disorders, and other afflictions, can reach an increased sense of wellbeing with mental health support. Services provided include:
- Stress Management – Emotional Regulation.
- Social Anxiety – Managing anxiety and social anxiety. Tools to build confidence in public settings or networking situations.
- Career Coaching – Career path goal setting.
- Executive Coaching/Therapy – Training in surmounting the demands of corporate life and balancing personal and professional needs.
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse – Addiction treatment and resources.
- History of Neglecting Health/Mental Health – Coping with career disappointment/burnout and promoting resilience.
- Conflict Management on the Job / Managing A Difficult Boss or Co-Workers – Conflict resolution skills.
- Anger Management – Manage anger and increase frustration tolerance.
- Self-Esteem – Development of a core concept of self-worth.
EAP consultative services available