Your first visit to Mind Over Matter Psychiatry LLC establishes a vital foundation for our relationship with you. During your first visit, we make sure to obtain important background information about your medical history and give you time to get to know your doctor.
To understand what to expect for your first visit to our practice, please read through this page. You'll find all the practical information you need, such as practice hours, payment policies, and more.
In order to view or print these forms you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. Click here to download it:
What To Expect
When you join Mind Over Matter as a new patient, you will receive an email including your New Patient Information.
Please complete these forms prior to your first appointment. Once completed, all forms may be returned via email.
If you experience any paperwork or connection difficulties,
please do not hesitate to call us at (646) 397-6063 or email us at [email protected]
The day of your appointment
How to join the call:
- Select the "Telepsychiatry" link to the right of "patient resources" on this web page.
- You will be prompted to enter your name and will immediately be entered into a virtual waiting room.
- Your provider will then begin the call when available.
Tips for the Best Experience:
What can I do to improve the quality of the internet connection?
If you live in an area with slow internet, this can greatly affect the quality of your connection. Here are some basic steps that can improve the overall connection:
- Use wired Ethernet instead of WiFi, whenever possible.
- However, if you find that using WiFi is the only option do not fret! WiFi will also work to connect you to the internet.
- Although, it is helpful to know that the chances are greater when using WiFi that you may experience a lag and interference (which can make your video and audio choppy).
- If you experience a lag or interference while using WiFi, we recommend moving closer to your internet router.
- However, wired internet will give you a much smoother, more consistent experience.
Test your internet connection speed:
- Google provides an easy way to test your internet connection directly from the Google Homepage. Simply search: internet speed test.
- Click the blue button that says Run Speed Test. If it is under 10mbps and you’re using wifi, try using a wired internet connection or restarting your router.
- Close other programs. If you have several programs running in the background, closing them will almost certainly improve the quality. Also, make sure you’re not downloading any large files at the same time.
If you are unable to connect, please contact us as soon as possible in order for us to help you troubleshoot. We look forward to your first visit.
No Surprise Act & Good Faith Estimate
You are entitled to receive a “Good Faith Estimate” explaining how much your medical care will cost.
- Under this law, health care providers need to provide patients who don’t have insurance, or who are not using insurance, an estimate of the bill for medical items and services.
- You have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimate for the total expected cost of any non-emergency items or services that are reasonably expected at the time of scheduling. This includes related costs like medical tests, equipment, and hospital testing.
- For patients who don’t have insurance or who are not using insurance, Mind Over Matter Psychiatry will provide a Good Faith Estimate of scheduled services in writing before the medical service or item if requested.
- You can also ask Mind Over Matter Psychiatry, and any other provider you choose, for a Good Faith Estimate before you schedule an item or service.
- If you receive a bill that is at least $400 more than your Good Faith Estimate, you can dispute the bill.
- Make sure to save a copy or picture of your Good Faith Estimate.
- For questions or more information about your right to a Good Faith Estimate, visit https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises/.
- This notice is not intended to be a full summary of the No Surprises Act. It is intended only to be a general information summary of technical legal standards. Readers should refer to the applicable statutes, regulations and other interpretive materials and complete and current information. See here: https://www.cms.gov/regulations-and-guidancelegislationpaperworkreductionactof1995pra-listing/cms-10791.